Financial ManagerDecember 20, 2023
- Remuneration: Market-related based on experience
- Location: Melrose Arch, Johannesburg
- Education level: Tertiary
- Job level: Mid
- Type: Permanent
Bridgement is breaking down the barriers to access finance for small businesses in South Africa. Traditional loans from banks and other lenders have a slow application process, have strict criteria, require a lot of documentation, and inflexible terms. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology and artificial intelligence to offer flexible finance online, with a 2-minute application, no documentation required, and a decision in a matter of hours. We’re a well-funded fintech start-up, backed by Capricorn and the greater Yellowwoods group, best known for their investments in and ownership of Nandos, Hollard, Clientèle, Direct Axis, and Budget Group. Having won Xero’s App of the Year award, we are proud to be recognised by a worldwide brand as a trusted and valued partner.
Roles & Responsibilities
As a Financial Manager you will be responsible for managing disbursement of funds to clients, running verification checks, building and maintaining reports, financial reporting, and implementing business strategies.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Disbursement of funds to clients, including validating requests, managing disbursement processes and reconciling payments
- Verification checks, including conducting background/fraud checks
- Reporting and data analysis, including building and maintaining BI financial reports
- Implementing business strategies and special projects
- Financial reporting including preparing/reviewing financial reports, and analysing them to identify trends and areas for improvement
- Evaluating operational processes and procedures for efficiency and identifying potential improvement areas, implementing solutions, and tracking and reporting on their impact
- Proven experience in financial operations and management or a related role
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent data analysis skills, with the ability to derive insights from complex data sets
- Basic understanding of financial management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
It will be useful to have although not absolutely required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, and/or a related professional qualification (e.g. CA(SA))
- Experience in related or similar sectors (e.g. lending, trade-finance, banking, insurance, accounting, FinTech, or technology/software sectors).
- Experience or certifications in BI (business intelligence) tools (e.g. PowerBI)
In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide:
- An opportunity to be a part of one of the most exciting, growing fintech startups
- A smart, fun and diverse team
- A lovely office in Melrose Arch with great coffee, complimentary snacks, a putting green, Playstation and much more
- Amazing employee benefits including life insurance, disability + critical illness, income protection and gap cover, as well as other benefits like psychological, physical, financial wellbeing and legal support
Ready to Apply?
If you think you’re the right person, please send your CV to [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you!