Collections ManagerApril 20, 2021
- Remuneration: R25-40k (experience dependent)
- Location: Johannesburg
- Education level: Tertiary
- Job level: Mid
- Type: Permanent
Bridgement is breaking down the barriers to access funding for small businesses across South Africa. Traditional loans from banks and other lenders have a slow application process, have strict criteria, require a lot of documentation, and inflexible terms. In contrast, we use tech and data science to offer flexible funding online, with a 2-minute application, no documentation required, and a decision in a matter of hours.
We’re a fast growing FinTech start-up, backed by Capricorn and the greater Yellowwoods group, best known for their investments in and ownership of Nandos, Hollard, Clientèle, Budget Group and Direct Axis. However, we are still near the start of our journey because we aim to issue over a billion Rand in finance to small businesses within the next 3 years.
Roles & Responsibilities
As a Collections Manager you will be regularly contacting clients that are in arrears, as well as working closely with our Credit Team.
You will be:
- Making outbound calls and sending emails to clients in arrears.
- Reviewing daily reports of missed payments and clients going into arrears.
- Tracing and investigating unreachable clients.
- Arranging and tracking alternative payment plans for clients.
- Identifying and flagging clients at risk of defaulting, as well as potential cases of fraud.
You will need to:
- Have 5+ years’ experience in debt collection in the consumer or business lending sectors.
- Be well spoken.
- Be able to communicate effectively with the small business owners who are our clients.
- Be proficient with computers, email and have good phone etiquette.
- Have high attention to detail, and the ability to spot unusual client behaviour.
- Be self-driven and good at managing your own workflow and priorities.
You’ll join a diverse team of smart, passionate and humble people, all interested in learning more and developing themselves, and passionate about growing our FinTech solution. In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide:
- A smart, fun and diverse team
- A lovely office in the heart of Sandton with a table tennis table, fully stocked bar and a gym that includes free classes several times a week (Note: we’re currently working 100% remote but we intend on returning to the office later this year depending on Covid)
- Great coffee and plenty of other drinks and snacks in our kitchen
Ready to Apply?
If you think you’re the right person, please send your CV to [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you!