Business AnalystJanuary 25, 2022
- Remuneration: Market-related based on experience
- Location: Johannesburg
- Education level: Tertiary
- Job level: Mid
- Type: Permanent
Bridgement is breaking down the barriers to access finance for small businesses in South Africa. Traditional loans from banks and other lenders have a slow application process, have strict criteria, require a lot of documentation, and inflexible terms. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology and artificial intelligence to offer flexible finance online, with a 2-minute application, no documentation required, and a decision in a matter of hours. We’re a well-funded fintech start-up, backed by Capricorn and the greater Yellowwoods group, best known for their investments in and ownership of Nandos, Hollard, Clientèle, Direct Axis, and Budget Group. Having won Xero’s App of the Year award, we are proud to be recognised by a worldwide brand as a trusted and valued partner.
Roles & Responsibilities
As a Business Analyst you will be regularly analysing and processing applications, presenting to and working closely with our Credit Team.
You will be:
- Working with large, complex datasets, and regularly performing in-depth excel analysis.
- Ensuring data accuracy is maintained for appropriate credit decisions.
- Using our analytical and CRM systems to accurately process customer information.
- Verifying and analysing credit and financial information provided by customers.
- Identifying and flagging potential fraud attempts and concerns over financial health.
- Assisting our Credit Team with assessing applications and with credit decisioning.
- Helping our Engineering Team develop new processes for account management and application processing.
You will need to:
- Have 2-4 years’ experience working within a management consulting (e.g. McKinsey, BCG, Bain) or auditing role (e.g. SAICA/SAIPA/CIMA articles).
- Have a Tertiary degree.
- Be very proficient with computers, especially excel (e.g. vlookups/index-matches, pivots, if-statements, what-if analysis etc).
- Be able to analyse and interpret income statements and balance sheets.
- Have good business acumen and be able to have detailed financial conversations.
- Have high attention to detail, and the ability to spot unusual customer behaviour and data.
- Understand, evaluate and improve existing processes.
- Be passionate about growing SMEs across South Africa.
In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide:
- A smart, fun and diverse team with an open door policy for conversation, suggestions and idea sharing
- A lovely office in the heart of Melrose Arch featuring fat saks, playstation, a putting green and monthly team social events
- Great coffee and plenty of other drinks and snacks in our kitchen
- Sponsorship for pre-approved online courses
- Flexible work hours and work-from-home days each week
Ready to Apply?
If you think you’re the right person, please send your CV to [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you!