Business AnalystJanuary 25, 2022
- Remuneration: Market-related based on experience
- Location: Johannesburg
- Education level: Tertiary
- Job level: Mid
- Type: Permanent
Bridgement is breaking down the barriers to access funding for small businesses across South Africa. Traditional loans from banks and other lenders have a slow application process, have strict criteria, require a lot of documentation, and inflexible terms. In contrast, we use tech and data science to offer flexible funding online, with a 2-minute application, no documentation required, and a decision in a matter of hours.
We’re a fast growing FinTech start-up, backed by Capricorn and the greater Yellowwoods group, best known for their investments in and ownership of Nandos, Hollard, Clientèle, Budget Group and Direct Axis. However, we are still near the start of our journey because we aim to issue over a billion Rand in finance to small businesses within the next 3 years.
Roles & Responsibilities
As a Business Analyst you will be regularly analysing and processing applications, presenting to and working closely with our Credit Team.
You will be:
- Working with large, complex datasets, and regularly performing in-depth excel analysis.
- Ensuring data accuracy is maintained for appropriate credit decisions.
- Using our analytical and CRM systems to accurately process customer information.
- Verifying and analysing credit and financial information provided by customers.
- Identifying and flagging potential fraud attempts and concerns over financial health.
- Assisting our Credit Team with assessing applications and with credit decisioning.
- Helping our Engineering Team develop new processes for account management and application processing.
You will need to:
- Have 2-4 years’ experience working within a management consulting (e.g. McKinsey, BCG, Bain) or auditing role (e.g. SAICA/SAIPA/CIMA articles).
- Have a Tertiary degree.
- Be very proficient with computers, especially excel (e.g. vlookups/index-matches, pivots, if-statements, what-if analysis etc).
- Be able to analyse and interpret income statements and balance sheets.
- Have good business acumen and be able to have detailed financial conversations.
- Have high attention to detail, and the ability to spot unusual customer behaviour and data.
- Understand, evaluate and improve existing processes.
- Be passionate about growing SMEs across South Africa.
You’ll join a diverse team of smart, passionate and humble people, all interested in learning more and developing themselves, and passionate about growing our FinTech solution. In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide:
- A smart, fun and diverse team
- A lovely office in the heart of Sandton, fully stocked bar and a gym that includes free classes several times a week
- Great coffee and plenty of other drinks and snacks in our kitchen
- Sponsorship for pre-approved online courses and events
- Flexible work hours and work-from-home days each week (we’re currently 100% remote, but will remain partially remote once we reopen the office post-COVID)
Ready to Apply?
If you think you’re the right person, please send your CV to [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you!