5 podcasts every South African business owner should be subscribing to in 2021
By Lorin M|
March 9, 2021
With the abundance of long weekends and Easter holidays around the corner, it’s the perfect time to draw some inspiration from a really great podcast (or three).
However, with thousands of entrepreneurs and thought-leaders from multiple industries sharing their thought-provoking advice and lessons learned along the way, it can be quite overwhelming trying to find the best podcasts. So we’ve done the digging for you.
Here are five podcasts we believe every South African business owner should be subscribing to in 2021:
- How I Built This with Guy Raz – Raz delves into the stories and details behind some of the world’s best-known companies. He speaks to the innovators and entrepreneurs behind companies like WeWork, Fitbit, Wikipedia, Instagram and many, many more.
- Planet Money with Jacob Goldstein – The most interesting, relatable and exciting Economics 101 class you’ll ever take.
- The Money Show with Bruce Whitfield – Economic and global news geared towards South Africans, all in one place.
- The Goal Digger Podcast with Jenna Kutcher – Business hacks, inspirational stories and tangible tips from Jenna Kutcher, who become a self-made millionaire in photography.
- The Mashstartup Podcast with Mashudu Modau – Mash delivers insights and learnings for the small business community by exploring the journeys of some of Africa’s entrepreneurs, startups and small businesses.
We hope you enjoyed our recommendations. Heading into the rest of 2021 armed with diverse tools and resources can never hurt!
In partnership with the Slow Fund, we’re incredibly excited to announce that Thabang Mafela, founder of Youth Global Enterprise, is the second of four entrepreneurs to win a R20 000 interest-free, fee-free business loan from Bridgement. Youth Global Enterprise Launched by Thabang during the peak of Covid in 2020, Youth Global Enterprise is not only…
As we approach the business-end of another year, many of us will be looking forward to a good break spent with friends and family, taking the time to recharge and refresh in preparation to do it all again next year. But if you’re the owner of an SME, or any business, there are a few…