Operations ManagerAugust 15, 2023
- Remuneration: Market-related based on experience
- Location: Melrose Arch, Johannesburg
- Education level: Tertiary
- Job level: Mid
- Type: Permanent
Roles & Responsibilities
As an Operations Manager you will be responsible for managing disbursement of funds to clients, running verification checks, building and maintaining reports, implementing business strategies and maintaining and streamlining processes on the company CRM (Salesforce).
You will be responsible for the following:
- Funds Disbursement: Oversee the process of disbursing funds to clients. This will include checking and validating requests and managing fund disbursements.
- Verification Checks: Conducting background/fraud checks and ensuring due diligence in verifying the authenticity of clients.
- Reporting and Data Analysis: Build and maintain BI reports based on business requirements.
- Implementing Business Strategies: You will be responsible for the successful implementation of business projects.
- CRM Management: Act as an administrator of our CRM, streamlining processes to improve efficiency, training team members on using the system effectively, and customizing it to meet our specific needs.
- Continuous Improvement: Regularly evaluate operational processes and procedures for efficiency. Identify areas of potential improvement and implement solutions. Track and report on the impact of these changes.
- Proven experience in financial operations, strategy implementation, or a related role.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent data analysis skills, with the ability to derive insights from complex data sets.
- Basic understanding of financial management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
It will be useful to have although not absolutely required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field.
- Experience in related or similar sectors (for example: lending, trade-finance, banking, insurance, accounting or technology/software sectors).
- Salesforce/ Microsoft Power BI/ Microsoft Office Certifications.
- Knowledge and experience working with a CRM (Salesforce).
In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide:
- An opportunity to be a part of one of the most exciting, growing fintech startups
- Discovery Life Insurance, Disability cover, Critical Illness cover and Income Protection
- Discovery Gap Cover for you and your dependents
- Discovery Healthy Company benefit, consisting of emotional/psychological wellbeing support, physical wellbeing support, financial wellbeing support and Legal support
- A smart, fun and diverse team with an open door policy for conversation, suggestions and idea sharing
- A lovely office in the heart of Melrose Arch featuring fat saks, playstation, a putting green and monthly team social events
- Great coffee and plenty of other drinks and snacks in our kitchen
- Sponsorship for pre-approved online courses
- Flexible work hours and potential work-from-home days each week
Ready to Apply?
If you think you’re the right person, please send your CV to [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you!