January 12, 2019
- Remuneration: Market-related based on experience
- Location: Sandton
- Education level: Tertiary degree (engineering, comp-sci, math, physics or equivalent)
- Job level: Jnr
- Type: Permanent & Interns
Bridgement is a group of engineers and developers breaking down the barriers for small businesses to access finance in South Africa. Traditional loans from banks and other lenders have a slow application process, have strict criteria, require a lot of documentation, and inflexible terms. In contrast, we’re a fintech solution using smart tech and AI to offer flexible finance online, with a 2-minute application, no documentation required, and a decision in a matter of hours.
We’re a well-funded fintech start-up, backed by Capricorn and the greater Yellowwoods group, best known for their ownership of Nandos, Hollard, Clientèle, Direct Axis, and Budget Group. However, we are still near the start of our journey because we aim to issue over a billion Rand in finance to small businesses within a decade.
Roles & Responsibilities
With one of our founders having two engineering degrees (biomedical and electrical) and the other having 20 years of software development experience, Bridgement was founded with a solid base in engineering, data science and software development.
At Bridgement, we are dedicated to simplifying access to business finance by building the best lending platform using the latest web technologies. You will work directly with and receive guidance from our passionate and dedicated CTO who will also serve as a mentor as you gain practical experience, grow your skillset and directly contribute to Bridgement’s success. You’ll get the opportunity to work on various core components of Bridgement’s platform such as its payments and pricing engines, CRM, and integrations with several 3rd party APIs including banking, accounting and payment processors. If you have an interest in data science, you’ll be excited to hear we work with significant volumes of financial and other non-traditional data which is used to extract insights into customer behaviour and ultimately decide which customers should receive finance from Bridgement.
Our customer-facing and back-office web apps are core to Bridgement’s business. As a Graduate Developer, you will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining various aspects of Bridgement’s platform.
You will need:
- Tertiary degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or equivalent
- Ambition to jump-start your career in software development
- Strong computer science fundamentals, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivation, independence and the ability to work autonomously in an unstructured environment
- Experience working with relational databases (we use PostgreSQL)
- Desire to use technology to improve the financial health and growth of small businesses driving South Africa’s economy and employment levels
It will be useful to have (but not required):
- Familiarity with Node.js applications, Angular, and TypeScript
- Experience working with web APIs
- A good understanding of popular web technologies
- Basic business acumen and an interest in finance (or a desire to learn about it)
You’ll join a small diverse team of smart, passionate and humble people, all interested in learning more and developing themselves, and passionate about growing our fintech solution to revolutionise business finance. In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide:
- A smart, fun and diverse team
- A lovely office in the heart of Sandton with a table tennis table, fully stocked bar and a gym that includes free classes several times a week
- Great coffee and plenty of other drinks and snacks in our kitchen
- Sponsorship for pre-approved online courses, tech conferences and other events
- Flexible work hours and work-from-home days each week
Ready to Apply?
If you think you’re the right person, please send your CV to [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you!