Full Stack EngineerSeptember 21, 2020
- Remuneration: R30-50k basic (depending on experience)
- Location: Sandton
- Education level: Tertiary degree (engineering, comp-sci, math, physics or equivalent)
- Job level: Mid
- Type: Permanent
Bridgement is breaking down the barriers to access funding for small businesses across South Africa. Traditional loans from banks and other lenders have a slow application process, have strict criteria, require a lot of documentation, and inflexible terms. In contrast, we use tech and data science to offer flexible funding online, with a 2-minute application, no documentation required, and a decision in a matter of hours.
We’re a fast growing FinTech start-up, backed by Capricorn and the greater Yellowwoods group, best known for their investments in and ownership of Nandos, Hollard, Clientèle, Budget Group and Direct Axis. However, we are still near the start of our journey because we aim to issue over a billion Rand in finance to small businesses within the next 3 years.
Roles & Responsibilities
At Bridgement, we are dedicated to simplifying access to business finance by building the best lending platform using the latest web technologies. You’ll work directly with and receive guidance from our CEO and full stack engineer. You’ll get to work on various core components of Bridgement’s platform such as its payments, pricing and underwriting engines; CRM; and integrations with several 3rd party APIs including banking, accounting and payment processors. Our tech stack is Node.js + Postgres + Angular and runs entirely on AWS (excluding our marketing site).
Our customer-facing and back-office web apps are core to Bridgement’s business. Although the role is primarily backend-focussed, you will also assist with occasional frontend development too. If you have an interest in data science, you’ll be excited to hear we work with significant volumes of financial data which is used to extract insights into customer behaviour and ultimately decide which customers to grant credit to.
You will need:
- Tertiary degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or equivalent
- 2-5 years’ experience in web development (of which at least 2 years of Node.js experience)
- Strong computer science fundamentals, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivation, independence and the ability to work autonomously
- Experience working with relational databases
- Desire to use technology to improve the financial health and growth of small businesses driving South Africa’s economy and employment levels
It will be useful to have (but not required):
- Experience with TypeScript
- A good understanding of AWS and serverless applications
- Familiarity with Angular/React
- Experience working with web APIs
- Basic business acumen and an interest in financial services (or a desire to learn about it)
You’ll join a diverse team of smart, passionate and humble people, all interested in learning more and developing themselves, and passionate about growing our FinTech solution to revolutionise business funding. In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide:
- A smart, fun and diverse team
- A lovely office in the heart of Sandton with a table tennis table, fully stocked bar and a gym that includes free classes several times a week
- Great coffee and plenty of other drinks and snacks in our kitchen
- Sponsorship for pre-approved online courses, tech conferences and other events
- Flexible work hours and work-from-home days each week (we’re currently 100% remote, but will remain partially remote post-COVID)
Ready to Apply?
If you think you’re the right person, please send your CV to [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you!