Financial DirectorSeptember 19, 2021
- Remuneration: Experience dependant
- Location: Sandton (hybrid remote)
- Education level: Tertiary degree (accounting, business science, actuarial science)
- Job level: Executive
- Type: Permanent
Bridgement is breaking down the barriers to access funding for small businesses across South Africa. Traditional loans from banks and other lenders have a slow application process, have strict criteria, require a lot of documentation, and inflexible terms. In contrast, we use tech and data science to offer flexible funding online, with a 2-minute application, no documentation required, and a decision in a matter of hours.
We’re a fast growing, well funded FinTech start-up, backed by Capricorn (an affiliate of the Yellowwoods group best known for their investments in and ownership of Nandos, Hollard, Clientèle, Budget Group and Direct Axis). However, we are still near the start of our journey because we aim to issue over ten billion Rand in funding to SMEs within the next 3 years.
Roles & Responsibilities
As the Financial Director you’ll be responsible for:
- Managing the accounting function, tax compliance, and CIPC submissions
- Managing and tracking the collections team and function
- Managing bad-debt provisioning, tracking and reporting
- Assisting the credit team and committee with credit-decisioning, risk management and operations
- Month-end financial, sales and operational reporting to management and shareholders
- Ongoing cash flow management, forecasting and treasury management
- Semi-annual budgeting + forecasts, and annual financial statements + year-end audits
- Managing book funder relations, covenant reporting and certificate signing
- Assisting with further debt raising to continue funding the growth of the book
You will need to:
- Have a Tertiary degree (B.Com. Accounting / Business Science, Actuarial Science or similar) from a top-rated university
- Have over 5 years’ experience
- Have experience that is not limited to audit (banking or lending experience is a nice-to-have)
- Be resourceful, self-motivated, tech-savvy and good at project management
- Be passionate about growing small businesses across South Africa
You’ll join a diverse team of smart, passionate and humble people, all interested in learning more and developing themselves, and passionate about growing our FinTech solution to simplify business funding. In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide:
- A smart, fun and diverse team
- Sponsorship for pre-approved online courses
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home days each week (we’re currently 100% remote, but will likely return to a hybrid in/out-of-office setup soon)
Ready to Apply?
If you think you’re the right person, please send your CV to [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you!